Yeah look at these! Mini chocolate cookies with M&M’s which are also mini! These bite-sized goodies are perfect for your chocolate craving. Added bonus: The recipe make just over 100 mini cookies, which you can freeze giving you immediate access to cookies!
Hello summer!!!!!!! You guys school just finished up last week and it is now officially my summer vacation! The way I kicked off my summer vacation? By running a half marathon of course! It was so much fun… and challenging…. and around mile 10 exhausting… But overall it could not have been more perfect! The temps were perfect, the race itself ran around a lake which was awesome, and I got to run the race with my sister and dad, while my mom cheered us on. What could be better?!
So the half was yesterday and I actually felt pretty good after it. I could still walk fairly normal (fairly being the key word), and nothing really hurt that much. Today though, let me tell ya! I hobble up and down stairs and walking through the grocery store I probably looked as if I had just ridden on a horse. <– Yes, I totally have the cowboy walk going on.
OK enough about the pain my legs are in right now, lets talk cookies! These cookies are fab! I mean they are mini! Being that these cookies are mini, they make a ton! I counted over 100 cookies!!! If you do not need all of those cookies at once, I recommend baking all of the cookies and once they cool take however many you don’t need and stick them in a freezer bag for up to one month. Then you will have access to cookies at any given time! Can these cookies really get any better?
Mini Chocolate M&M Cookies
2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
1 cup granulated sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/3 cocoa powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups mini M&Ms (1 bag)
1) In a bowl with an electric or handheld mixer, cream butter and sugars on medium-high speed until combined. Add eggs and vanilla and mix on medium speed until combined.
2) In a separate bowl, whisk flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt. Slowly add flour mixture to the butter mixture on low-speed just until combined.
3) Fold in M&M’s and chill dough in the fridge for at least 1 hour, or overnight.
4) When ready to bake the cookies, preheat oven to 350 degrees. Drop teaspoon balls onto cooking sheets.
5) Bake for 6-8 minutes, or until the tops of the cookies have set. Allow cookies to cool for 1 minute on cookie sheet, then transfer cookies to a wire rack. Cookies will stay good in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 week, or up to 1 month in the freezer.
Recipe adapted slightly from the back of the Mini M&M’s bag