Oh my! I
could have literally eaten these blondies out of the pan! M&M’s and Oreos round out this recipe for one ultimate bar. I mean, what can be better than a super simple, minimal ingredient, decadent blondie?
These blondies bring back memories. They were my first recipe, using the oven, that I ever made all by myself (unless you count the pumpkin bread I tried making for Thanksgiving when I was about 8, which if you tasted it, you wouldn’t). About 4 years ago, I landed upon a no bake dessert magazine. It got me started making desserts that were simple and required no oven. A year later, I ended up landing on another magazine, this time it included desserts I would actually have to put in the oven! The first recipe I tried? These blondies, and let me tell you they are divine! I definitely credit these blondies with my love of baking! Fast forward a few years, and baking and cooking are some of my favorite things to do!
So I think I mentioned above these blondies are freakin’ amazing, like one-of-my-favorite-desserts amazing! The recipe is so simple, I memorized it long ago. Use any type of Oreo cookie and M&M’s you want. Last thing, the baking soda and salt are optional, but I highly recommend them because they make the blondie extra think and chewy. OK, now go sink your teeth into the best blondie ever!
Loaded M&M Oreo Blondies
1 cup brown sugar, packed
1 stick unsalted butter, melted
1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
18 Oreo cookies, chopped
1/2 milk chocolate M&M’s
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray an 8×8 inch pan with cooking spray and set aside.
2) In a large bowl, whisk together egg, brown sugar, melted butter, and vanilla. Set aside.
3) In a small bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and stir just until combined. Stir in Oreo cookies.
4) Pour batter into prepared pan into an even layer. Sprinkle with M&M’s.
5) Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Blondies will stay good for up to 5 days in an airtight container at room temperature.